Thursday, December 11, 2008

Where we've been

Yes, we're still out here. =) It' s been a busy week or two.

Cori has been doing great. I swear she just gets more fun each week. I can't believe she is going to be 7 months on Christmas eve. She is sleeping well for the most part, loving her jarred food, and talking up a storm. Her new favorite past-times include hanging out in her jump-a-roo and exosaucer and doing this phlegmy sounding screech which is really some sort of weird excited laugh. It's hysterical to do with her - back and forth. She goes for ten minutes at a time. My voice hurts doing it, so I can't imagine hers! And she's graduated to the "big girl" bath tub upstairs. She loves to watch things float in the bubbles!
.
Today at daycare she had her first accident. Apparently one of the little guys was throwing toys across the room, and one hit her in the mouth. Her onsie and sweater was covered in blood & drool - it was quite a sight to see. Fortunately it didn't seem to do any damage and was an accident. I guess being the only girl with 4-5 boys, she's going to have to learn to be tough. I do admit though that I wanted to cry inside.
.
As for Dave and I, we got to enjoy a quick visit with his brother last weekend. We all were part of Molly & Mike's wedding on the 6th. It was a fabulous day full of laughter and smiles and lots of love. Molly looked amazingly beautiful and Mike was a beaming groom. I enjoyed meeting Mike's side of the family (most of whom are from out of town) especially since Dave knows his family so well in the past 25 years.
The snow made for some beautiful pictures but the beauty quickly turned into worry when the roads got slick and guests were delayed. The happy couple had a fairly care-free attitude and delayed the ceremony a half hour to let people trickle in. Unfortunately Shadyside must be absent from the PennDOT list of roads to treat... we got stuck in traffic for an hour trying to go all of 1.5 miles from the church to the reception site.
In the end it all worked out though, and a little snow couldn't stop this party from happening. We even got to see our friend / DJ from our wedding, who was sweet enough to play "our song" (100 years by Five for Fighting) and dedicate it to us. This was enough to cause Dave's family on the dance floor to "aghhhhhhhh" causing me to blush a bit. But hey, it's no secret how Dave's family can cause me to blush at weddings (esp my own!)

3 comments:

LisaBe said...

you all look so beautiful! and i get misty looking at the pictures of the fireplace where we said our vows. hard to believe it's already three years, though sometimes it feels like a lifetime ago (all in a good way). can't wait to see molly again some time!

Valerie said...

You guys look great!

Glad to hear that Cori is doing so well.

Life with Pog & FLeC said...

Great photos -- you look as beautiful as the bride! I miss getting to see Cori; I'm glad to hear she is well!