Friday, March 20, 2009

Spring Cleaning


Happy Spring!! This week I said goodbye to winter and purged a lot of tired old thoughts, items, and feelings. Spring is a time of new beginnings right? Don't get me wrong - the things I've tossed were appreciated. But they served their time and purposefulness. I am a big believer in shedding things when they no longer reflect who you really are.

Speaking of who I really am, I've always had a hard time "relaxing". I'm not one to lay on the couch in front of the TV for long periods of time. That was more evident than ever this week. I had the week off from work and decided to use the time to run a lot of errands I'd put off and do a lot of "spring cleaning". It felt good to get so much done, but I'm exhausted!

When I first thought about what I'd do this week, I thought I'd catch some naps, hit the gym daily, reading, and have lunch with friends. Heck, I even contemplated picking up my knitting again. And somewhere mid week when I had made a royal mess trying to clean the kitchen (why is it that it seems like a huge mess is made trying to clean up??) I even regretted my decision to not just "relax" instead of embarking on this big cleaning purge. But I think that was a moment of panic , because I've come to see that I needed this cleaning. It was cathartic for me. Getting rid of some cobwebs to let in the sunshine is just what I needed.

Hope that spring finds you ready for new beginnings, big or small.

1 comment:

Life with Pog & FLeC said...

How nice! I would love some time to purge. I have to go in small batches. Glad you are feeling sunshine-y and spring-y. :)