Sunday, March 08, 2009

The week in pictures

This past week Cori finally started eating some puffs and yogurt bites. They need to be in halves because they are too large for her whole. We took a few pictures of her enjoying them with dinner.

Things otherwise are the same for us this week - working and enjoying the warmer weather. We're still trying to weather the 9 month sleep regression. Some nights are better than others.



We're all trying to stay healthy - Cori still has a cough but is back to her old self. Dave is fighting off the respiratory bug. I was feeling better until Saturday late morning when I had sudden chest pain. It was a heavy pressure in my chest and felt more intense lifting Cori or moving my arms. Nothing seemed to help, and the intensity seemed to stay the same. I had to put off going to the doctor until Sunday due to some prior commitments. After some tests and questions, the doctor decided that I had Costochondritis - an inflammation of the junctions where the upper ribs join with the cartilage that holds them to the breastbone or sternum. He felt the infection was from the intense coughing and respiratory bug I had.

The week's activities can sometimes lead to a messy house and lack of time to clean. Can you find the baby in this picture? ha ha. Truth be told, I don't mind the mess because a weird part of me looks forward to cleaning everything up. Hope you have a great week coming up!

4 comments:

Life with Pog & FLeC said...

You think *that's* messy?!?! You can never come over. :)

April said...

Haha, I agree...that doesn't look messy at all! Evelyn's toy mess spans 3 floors of our house!

Molly P. said...

B- Did you know that I have Costochondritis as well? I have it in the wall of my chest on the left side. Have had it for years. I didn't know that was the diagnosis for you. Did they tell you to take Ibuprophen? Wow - coincidence. :)

Valerie said...

Oh wow. Hope you're feeling better! I bet that was scary.

Love the newest pictures of Cori. She is a doll.