Tuesday, May 26, 2009

birthday party wrap-up

Sugar, 75 guests and 80% humidity sure made an interesting mix for Corinne's big bash on Sunday! The party was a success but it went by really, really fast. (Faster than our wedding i think!) Fortunately we were inside with the a/c since it decided to pour down rain most of the time.

Cori did really well with so many guests and had a lot of fun! She seems to loves balloons - typical kid! And we were surprised to find out that Cori is fairly dainty with her food - no cake face here! This is about as messy as it got. I was a little sad; do I have a real girly girl on my hands??

We opened presents later at home after Cori had napped again (and we had cleaned up). It was like Christmas times 10 - what a lot of loot this girl received! Thank you to our family & friends who helped make the day so special for our little girl! Here's some pictures of her cake too (a friend is a baker at a restaurant downtown). The cake tasted as amazing as it looked!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great birthday party! I hope to have something like this when Olivia turns the big 1!

She is too cute in her little crown. :)

Life with Pog & FLeC said...

Looks like a great party. Awesome cakes! Pog was a dainty cake eater too, and I believe you've seen pictures of her with hummus -- NOT dainty. :)

Jen said...

What an awesome party!! I love her decorated high chair!! We're having Nolan's party this weekend. Happy 1st bday Cori!

Valerie said...

Looks like you had a great time! Happy 1st Birthday Cori!