Some of the new things she's up to:
- Cori loves to be outside, and her biggest thrill seems to be just running in open spaces. She's enjoying the big girl sliding board we got her; pictures to come.
- She's taken to picking up a "lovey" - literally - we have our own little Linus. Cori has become attached to a cotton blanket that we keep in her crib. It's really a cute sight.
- Cori's hair is becoming curly in the back. The past few months we'd noticed that when we'd bathe her, the back of her hair would curl up. Lately it's becoming more curly and without being wet. It's odd since Dave and I both have poker straight hair, though there is some curly hair genes on the grandparents' sides. In any case, we think it's adorable! (you can click on the picture below to make the picture larger and see the curls better)
Reading is fast becoming the favorite past time, but Cori has certain books that are hew favorites. Probably the top pick is "Rainbow Rob" about a penguin who wonders if he could be some other color than black & white. When we recite words from the story (which we know by heart) she starts smiling and looking for the book. When she's upset, reciting the story calms her down. And a few times I swear I've heard her say "Rob". This weekend we may try to get a video of us reading it to her so you can see how she reacts and kisses Rob during certain pages. Too cute!!
6 comments:
I have tears in my eyes reading this. Cori is such a gift. :) I love the curls in her hair. SO cute! Happy 16 months, Cori Bird!
I'm commenting as well...I love reading about Cori...you and Dave as well, but Cori especially. It takes me back to the days when my girls were little, where everything was new and wonderful. It doesn't stop either, so hang on and enjoy the ride!
Happy 16 months Cori! The curls are absolutely adorable.
I will only comment if you comment on mine too ;-P
Can you believe the girls are 16 months?!? Cori looks like such a toddler now!
She is such a little doll! I hope to see you again soon!
What a big girl! Sounds like we have similar kids. Tessa would live outside if we let her, loves reading (Brown Bear is her favorite), and has curls even though Joel and I have totally straight hair. :)
Post a Comment