Saturday, January 09, 2010

House for Sale

Here we go! We've signed the paperwork and are ready. The house is going on the market on Monday morning. Yikes! It doesn't feel real, and I dread packing everything down the line.

The bathroom shower replacement this week was stressful; it looked like the bathroom was basically gutted (well, it was down to the studs where the shower was!). And it looked like Home Depot's toolbox exploded in the basement. But the new shower is in and the drywall is up around it. We're just waiting for the last mud to dry so I can paint.

The home stager came on Friday which was a really fun, eye opening experience. I learned a ton about scale and weight and texture and balance. The ideas she suggested had an immediate impact. She said I had done a lot of prep work by decluttering and depersonalizing the spaces.

Both the realtor and the stager feel that the house won't be on the market that long. I don't know if they are blowing smoke or serious, but I guess time will tell. I'll post a link to the MLS on Monday, but in the meantime, here are the photos that will show.

1 comment:

Life with Pog & FLeC said...

Looks great! I would be afraid of what a stager would say about my house! I think you'll be moving out soon. :)