We've made some purchases for the house, and are starting to come up with ideas. (Well, at least I am! Fortunately Dave seems to think I have good taste.) I'd love some feedback on these ideas.
New Master Bedroom furniture:
We decided to go with this set as it was a little better made that the other set we were considering. We got 2 nightstands, the dresser & mirror, chest of drawers, and King sleigh bed with storage under neath
Close up of the dresser

This is some of the bedding I'm thinking about (Pottery Barn's Sydney Palampore pattern- Smoky blues and muted greens).

Alternative bedding - Pottery Barn's Blythe Paisley pattern - golds, soft blues and greens
I'm thinking a wall color like this - Benjamin Moore Jamestown Blue.

We also found a nice chair tonight to place in the corner by the windows.

I love this bedding for the guest bedroom-Pottery Barn's Provence bedding - could be my obsession with all things French and lavender!
close up of bedding
I think I'd paint the guest bedroom a sage green and use the lavender in the bedding as accents. I can also go the other way and do a lavender / nightengale colored wall and use a green as the accent color.
Here's a painting we love for above the stone fireplace in the formal living room.
It's called Peaceful River.

We purchased a love seat, oversized chair, and 3 tables for the
formal living room.

I plan to get new pillows for the love seat - I hate the pattern of the ones that come with it, but the rest of the love seat was awesome to us. The color isn't quite as dark as it looks here (I think the pillows are thowing it.)
Here is the TV Console we're considering. We have a large plasma TV and would like shelves around it, but not above it (what they call a bridge). This would span the back of the family room wall. (Ignore the awful picture of me in front of it. It's for scale.)

Today we also got an awesome deal on a Samsung French-door fridge / freezer. Instead of paying $2300, we got it for $1000! It has 2 very small dents at the very bottom on the freezer; they are barely noticable. It is Energy Star rated and has a dual ice maker and filtered water & ice in door. What a deal for $1300 off! 
3 comments:
You have great taste! :) Love the furniture choices, and I'm a tad jealous. I'd love some new living room furniture. I have to say... our king bed is WAY larger than I thought. Sometimes the dimensions, even when taped on the floor, just don't give you the "flow"... I wanted a chair, but I'm glad we didn't get any more furniture (for now). Is it awfully opinionated of me to say that while I do like the painting, I much prefer seeing personal pieces in homes? A photo you took on vacation blown up or even a collage in browns you made is just so much cooler... that said, you've seen our home. Not exactly a spread from some interior design magazine. :) hahaha Your home is gorgeous, and it always will be, because it's filled with LOVE!!I look forward to spending time there (I'm inviting myself.).
Too funny - your master bedding choices are mine too! Whichever one you decide I will get the other one. And you can't go wrong with Jamestown Blue. That was one of the final contenders we painted on the walls at my mom's house. Dark enough but keeps the room light on a dreary day. I love Benjamin Moore Paint - may I also suggest for one of the rooms Silken Pine. Not at all what it sounds like. We had it darkened a tinge but it's very spa like relaxing color. In fact, I kept the exact mixture instructions in my phone for future references. I can't wait until the new house is done. It's going to be so big yet so cozy!!!
I am obsessed with our new king size bed. I don't know how we survived all those years in a queen! :) All of your choices are very pretty!
Post a Comment