Last week's warm weather seems like a tease now that I'm watching a few inches of snow fall outside. While I realize it is still February, I can't wait until spring rolls around!
Yesterday we had a great opportunity to experience some warmer weather for a few hours. Visiting with my great Aunt & Uncle afforded us the opportunity to go swimming in their complex's indoor pool. The water was super warm and just the smell of the chlorinated air made it feel like summer for a few hours. 


Cori was a little hesitant to get off the ladder and into the water at first, but after about 10 minutes she was a fish. It took some prompting to get her out of the pool at the end. 
As for the rest of the weekend, Dave and I got to have a date day - a full 24 hrs - on Saturday. We lounged, we saw a movie (The King's Speech - highly recommended!) and had dinner out at Siba. We won't discuss the hours we spent afterwards at Barnes & Noble looking at baby name books only to not come up with anything .
We've been struggling with our first born too lately, but in a different way. Listening & following directions have been horrible lately, and we are struggling with discipline. Luckily some great advise from friends has helped calm my mind and remind me that it's just a phase. And that consistency with toddlers won't be 100% but more like 80%. In those moments, it's very difficult to remember. For any other toddler moms out there, a friend passed along this article too, and I found it insightful. Make sure you click on the hyperlinks within the article to see 5 Tantrum Stoppers that work and 8 discipline mistakes parents make.
2 comments:
I can't wait for spring too. SO over this snow & cold!
Off to look at those links.... Sophia is throwing lots of tantrums these days as well!
This too shall pass, and we'll all be on a different phase. She's just preparing you for the teenage years... at least that's what I tell myself about M. :) I'm going to go back and read the articles. Thanks for sharing. I'm always looking for more information.
Post a Comment