Dave and I had a really enjoyable time together this past weekend. The
Elizabeth Point Lodge was a wonderful recommendation from a friend. It's right up against the ocean; the area is just a 30 minute drive from Jacksonville airport.


The island is as busy as you want it to be; if you want to golf or do spa outtings or shopping, all of that is available. There is a great 50 block historic district that has some really excellent (and inexpensive) restaurants and neat shops. The whole area pretty much looked like below. I love the spanish moss hanging from the big trees!

We chose to spend most of our time at the beach relaxing. (Having towels and chairs and umbrellas there made packing light and easy too.) The weather was wonderful - sunshine and upper 80s on Friday and 94 on Saturday. Thank goodness for the steady breeze to help cool things off! We even saw dolphins a couple of times each day; they were fairly close to shore. In the picture below, you can see one of them in the water if you look right above the umbrella on the far left.
I even woke up early Saturday morning to watch the sun come up. There's just something about having your morning coffee watching the sun rise over the ocean.... wish I could do that every day!

1 comment:
Wow. Looks gorgeous!
Post a Comment