Thursday, December 01, 2011

Social Committee


I decided to join a new "social committee" which will help plan events for the families in our development. Figured it would be a nice way to get to know my neighbors and their kids (cause we have A LOT of kids in the neighborhood). I was a little nervous at meeting the half dozen other women who also agreed, cause it seems like they all know one another very well. There are already lots of events in the plan that I've not yet participated in - book clubs, pig roasts, walking groups, play dates, holiday cookie exchanges. It was more than a little intimidating; I'm always nervous in new social situations where I don't know anyone. But the women were very welcome and we came up with a great idea for the holidays.

Here's the flyer I made that we're going to distribute. Cori is already excited about participating!

2 comments:

Sara said...

Oh, how fun! We got surprised by carolers one year, and it was awesome. I loved it! I want to live in your plan and go to book club. :)

K Blue said...

Sounds so lovely! I always get nervous about stuff like that too. It isn't surprising that you already made connections and felt welcome. You are such a sweet and kind person. You make me want to live in your neighborhood now. :)