Last night we went to Kenny for the opening night of their new holiday light event. This was Cori's reward from months ago for being fully potty trained. Her excitement was almost unable to be contained. She kept saying "I'm going to Kenny wood because I pooped on the potty!". We expected her to tell people there that too, but luckily she didn't.
Now, I grew up about 1 mile from Kennywood and used to go there a few times a year (more so when I was in high school). So it had kind of lost it's lure for me, but a promise is a promise so I took Cori along with my mom. I was pleasantly shocked that it wasn't crowded at all; while there were lots of people there, it was nothing at all like it is in the summer. Lots of room to walk and navigate, and hardly any lines for the rides. Most of the rides we walked up and got right on!
There were also lots of fun activities like cookie decorating, writing letters to Santa, visits with Frosty, Mrs Claus, and Santa, etc. All free!
And the lights - wow. The lights were wonderful! So beautiful!
I really can't imagine how long it took them to do all that they did. And no detail was too small to be over looked - I noticed that even the signs were re-done in red, green and white! Christmas music played throughout the park, you could smell wood fires burning all over (mmmmm) and it was really neat to hear the carousel pipe organ play Christmas music! All the workers were very nice - everyone wished us a Merry Christmas when we'd leave the ride, said thank you, smiled, etc.
Cori had a fantastic time, and we did as well. The highlight of the night was probably when I won her this huge stuffed Rudolph animal - her favorite! She was so happy; I was shocked that I got a little ring on a bottle neck ring toss!
The night was capped off by fireworks which made it extra special. I'd really recommend visiting if you have a little one (or if you just enjoy Kennywood or Christmas Lights). They are open Fridays and Saturdays from 5-9 through the 17th.
1 comment:
The first and last photo are absolutely priceless! Especially because I spent the morning with my niece and HER special Rudolph! Poopy and potty celebrations are the best. :). Sounds like an amazing time. I would love to experience Kennywood in December someday!
Post a Comment