Monday, August 27, 2007

Splash the Dress- Crash the Body





This weekend was a blur. So much going on, and now I am paying for it! The combination of intense work and cycling for IVF is taking its toll on my body. Trying to do my other normal activities I guess was too much as last night I got a whopper of a migraine.




I know it is from the Lupron; I have no estrogen in my body and it is freaking out. I got like this the last time, and I'm a week in, so my poor body is very confused. It knows it should be a girl and have estrogen but has none! The only difference between last time and this time is that I have none of my Rx migraine meds. I have a call into my PCP to try and get some, but no sure if they will comply. And I'm too weak at this point to fight; migraine #2 in the last 24 hrs is beginning to develop and no doubt will be full fledged by the time the 4:00 Lurpon shot rolls around.






On a happier note, Saturday Dave and I participated in an event called "Splash the dress". It's hosted by my two friends Cyndy & Paul. They are professional wedding photographers. What the event does is provide an opportunity for them to experiment with new lenses, techniques, etc without ruining someones real wedding. So we get to dress up in a wedding gown (only fun for the ladies as the men seem like they were supposed to be done with this when the wedding was done!) . We headed up to Presque Isle (at Lake Erie) with 3 other couples and had a blast!






A few of the shots are shown here; some are not me obviously but I think are really cool! They took about 1000 pictures so when the link comes up for viewing, I'll have to pass it along. Please respect the copyright of these pictures and no copying please. All images are the property of Paul Meyer Photography (who by the way is just amazing and I'd recommend to anyone!)




Oh, and no, it's not my own wedding dress; that is tucked safely in my basement.



Love to all-
B.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

OMG, those pics of you are GORGEOUS! Even if your body doesn't feel like you, you are certainly a beautiful woman! Hang in there, Beth!
p.s. what a super cool thing to participate in...pays to have such friends, eh?!

LisaBe said...

i'm so sorry you're not feeling well :( i've been fighting daily chronic migraines the past month or so myself. i can't get in to see dr. k for another two weeks unless he has a cancellation, either! waah!

i've seen other photographers' portfolios from dress-trashing sessions and i LOVE them! i would love to do one. i thought about trying to do one in my dress, but i don't fit into it at the moment (oops!). it looks like a blast! tell p+c i said hi next time you talk to them!

xox
lisabee

Anonymous said...

Don't let Beth fool you. She showed up with hair and makeup just perfectly done and fit right into a dress that I can't squeeze my I-spend-60-hrs-in-front-of-the-computer butt into.

And if anyone wants to do another Splash session with us (or a Trash session with industrial undertones), just let me know. We're always into making new friends!

Cyndy from Paul Meyer Photography