After the Women's Conference was done and I had my work meeting on Wednesday, I eagerly left the Queen Mary with my girlfriend Jen and we started driving towards Napa. We drove for a few hours Wed night and the finished the drive on Thursday morning.

We arrived in Napa mid afternoon and the weather was perfect! Sunny and low 70s. And fall was definitely in Napa. I'd previously only been to Napa in late spring / early summer, but fall was so different! The vines were turning red and yellow, and with the green of the hills and the blue of the sky, it was just amazing! We stopped at a few wineries and checked into our bed and breakfast in downtown Napa. I'd highly recommend the spot - The BlackBird Inn - as the price was really affordable, the rooms were great, and the location can't be beat! 



Friday morning began with spa treatments at a great spa across the street. I had a 45 minute head, neck and face treatment. As some of my family knows, I am a sucker for touch, on my face and head especially! After that treatment, I had an hour long facial. Then I had a pregnancy massage for an hour. The morning was topped of with a spa pedicure (to which my polish is still perfect, weeks later! Hurray!).
We set out for lunch which was at a deli in Napa where you can grab delicacy items and then eat them at picnic tables outside in the vineyard. Lunch was large shrimp and capers in a special sauce, some great flat bread & hummus, and a great Thai noodle salad. We visited a few more wineries that afternoon and then headed to San Francisco for dinner in the evening. It was quite a full day, but we had an amazing time! The picture of the sunset was on our way to San Francisco, and the picture below is of Jen & I are the gate to Chinatown. 
No comments:
Post a Comment