Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Untitled

Thanksgiving was great! We had a relaxing day having brunch with my dad & step mom, and then a nap in the afternoon. Dinner with my mom, brother, Kelly and her family later was wonderful as well. And we won both rounds of Scene It! so who can complain! It's amazing how fast the holidays are upon us. I feel like we have a good head start on things - 75% of our shopping is done, and I think I may start wrapping this weekend. We know what we're going to get for the other 25%, but just have to wait for payday to purchase it. We should be done fairly soon.

On the baby front - our observation visit with the daycare provider went well and we set things up to move forward next fall with the day care. It feels good to have this wrapped up, and honestly, Miss Donna (as the kids call her) is so wonderful with the kids that we don't have any doubts. I'm sure that it will be hard to leave Peanut initially, but for now, all is well. Now we just need to find a pediatrician. And register. And set up the nursery. And let time do its thing so Peanut can grow! One thing at a time....

We should be setting up the nursery in January after the holidays. We're having new carpet installed in February, so that gives us a good month to paint and so what we need to do to get ready. Here is our inspiration for the nursery. I love that it's fairly gender neutral, and it matches our baby bedding perfectly. I like that it matches, but am dead set against everything being all matchy-matchy. I do not need matching valances and a diaper stack in the same pattern. If anything, I think (and this is just my own personal taste) it looks nicer when things blend and there are a few "stand out" pieces that have the detail. So when we eventually do register, don't be surprised to see that I don't have a matching diaper pail. It just isn't me. I'm more about color coordination than a true "theme".
Wish we had more exciting news to post about! Dave is ultra excited about WVU's ranking and the upcoming game this weekend to seal the quest to play in the Sugar Bowl. We had a good laugh at the Muddy Night Football game by the Steelers last night.... how embarrassing. And at the risk of upsetting my mother in law, dare I admit it out loud, but I'm not as concerned with our season as I am with wanting the stupid Patriots to not go 16-0. Please someone, kick them off their high horse!!! What happened to the old saying "Cheaters never win?!?!?"

No comments: