On Friday I went to Magee hospital to have my 1st trimester screening for Down's Syndrome. (Often called an NT scan). Peanut was doing great - heartbeat was around 177 beats per minute, and though sleeping at first, Peanut them proceeded to move about while on camera. We got a ton of pictures and you could see fingers, feet, the baby's facial profile... just amazing!
The tech said the measurements were good and didn't seem to indicate Down's. The blood work will still need to be analyzed and I'll know for sure at my next OB appt on Dec 5th. But the test is 85% accurate, so we're happy with what we saw and were told.
The only "bad" news was that I have 2 large cysts on my left ovary and 3 on my right. These are from the IVF drugs, and then from the pregnancy hormones not letting my ovaries "rest". My ovaries were so close together, the tech thought I only had one. I didn't ask what I should do because it isn't really her job to say - I'll have to ask my OB that. But I'm feeling great and Peanut is good, so that is plenty to be thankful for!
Our visit to the in-home day-care provider on Sat went very well. We really like Miss Donna as well as her views on parenting and such. We are going to observe her in action with the kids on Wednesday, and if everything goes well (which we suspect it will) we'll give her our word that we'll be using her services next September. It will be nice to have day-care all tucked away!
Hope everyone has a blessed and safe Thanksgiving this week!
4 comments:
My Grandchild is Just BEAUTIFUL!
We are all so blessed this Thanksgiving!
Love and Baby Blessings,
Grammie Sue
He/she looks just like you! So great to hear that you're doing well!
Jules
What a cutie! Happy Thanksgiving!!!
Arent you a proud momma already! I am so happy for you
Kristen
IVF Connections
Post a Comment