Saturday, April 12, 2008

Another word for THANK YOU?!?!

I don't think there are words in the thesaurus that could convey the depth of gratitude I feel after today's baby shower! "Thank you" just seems inadequate! Wow is all I can say - I am so overwhelmed by the generosity of our friends and family. Peanut is sure one loved baby!


And while we didn't play any baby games, my generous shower hostesses (my Mom, Dave's step-mom, my soon to be sister-in-law and her mom, and friends Angie, Heather and Jen) arranged for a guessing game about Peanut which I thought was fun. The answers (to guess the gender, date and weight) were even funnier!
Highlights include:
  • 25 guesses of girl and 7 guesses of boy (does someone know something we don't???)

  • Earliest guess is May 11th (by my godmother)

  • Latest guess is June 15th (by my great Aunt - please Lord do not let that happen!!)

  • No one guessed over 10lbs (whew - now if only.... Did I mention I'm still measuring 3 weeks ahead, which means there is one big baby in there! No wonder I look 35 weeks when I'm only 32!)

Once we managed to bring everything into the house we began the task of putting things away. We had a ton of laundry to do! We've assembled more than half of the items though and the nursery really looks amazing now! I think we'll call it quits after the toy-chest tonight. My back is really sore and my feet are pretty swollen; I think just the excitement of the day is keeping me going! Poor Dave is exhausted from carrying everything around (the usual occurrence at showers for anyone who can recall my bridal shower!).

But honestly, we are so grateful and blessed with generosity and love from those around us! It is just amazing. Today was surely a day we won't ever forget (and we have a ton of pictures and personalized books and wonderful memories to go along with it all!). Now if you'll excuse me, I need to start my thank you notes (I have my early response reputation to uphold!)




No comments: