Today Dave went back to work, which meant last night I had the entire shift from 1-7 AM. Corinne decided to fuss from about 3AM to 6AM. It was a long night. This little lady sure fights going to sleep! Nothing seemed to sooth her. Luckily my mom came over at 7 AM and I was able to get some sleep.
I wish I could say that today's big adventure was an effort to tucker our little stinker out, but that would be a lie. I have this odd anxiety about leaving the house - something may happen, she may fuss, etc. I know it isn't good to stay cooped up in the house, but hey, first time mom here!! But today we had some things to do so we had no choice. Luckily I wasn't alone.
First, this morning Cori lost her belly button nub. All better now!
Then we went for a car ride to Magee Hospital to return the breast pump rental. Corinne **loves** the car (as long as it is moving!) Then mom and grandma Suzie went for ice-cream as a reward...
Tonight Dad read Cori a book that mom picked out.
Then Dad read his favorite book- the extremes of the books chosen make me laugh!
Finally we went on our first stroller ride! It was a long walk (and mom feels quite out of shape!) and Cori slept through most of it.
6 comments:
obvy, i'm sorry about the staying up, but i am so honored that dave's favorite book is one that i gave! it's truly a classic ;)
I was up at 3am with a leg cramp. Does that count? Anyway, at some point you'll miss that early morning cuddle time. Or, maybe you won't miss it, but you will look back on it fondly.
She'll be a month old in no time and then you'll be celebrating her first birthday wondering what happened to the past year. Pretty soon our babies will be graduating from high school :-)
The days are long, but the years are short (or so I've been told)
Beth, any luck with the sleep positioner with keeping her asleep?
Aah! She lost her belly button nub. SO great :)
I'm sorry there is no sleep in Spragueville. I usually get up to pee around then if that helps also.
You are doing great, B!!!!!
I'm up at 1:33. :) I totally understand the leaving the house thing. Hang in there! Cori is beautiful.
We didn't leave the house except to go to the pediatrician's or the OB/gyn's for the first 6 weeks. I know how you feel!
Post a Comment