First things first - I survived my meltdown of last week. Things are getting better every day slowly. Don't get me wrong - each day has its good moments and then there are some tougher moments (usually sleep related). But I think (knock on wood) the baby blues train has finally kicked me off as a passenger.
Today Cori is one month old! It's hard to believe; she's changed so much already. Her hair is thinning out on top and her face is no where near as full. She's gotten longer, and I'm betting Wednesday's doctor appointment shows her to be at 10lbs.
She's eating every 3 hours approximately, and taking 3ozs each time. She's slowly righting her days and nights in that she's more alert during the day and sleeping better at night. We still have to hold her for the most part (especially at night) but I know it's because she is so young. Right now she is sleeping in her pack & play on this incline positioner that plays a heart beat sound which seems to sooth her (and provide relief for my back!)
Last night we took her to our friends Cyndy & Paul who are photographers. They did a fairly long photo shoot with her and us (mostly her) and we can't wait to see the pictures. We just wanted some pics to place in a birth announcement, but in typical generous fashion, Cyndy and Paul spent a lot of time and took a ton of photos.
Speaking of photos, here's my favorite thus far. Dave had me shoot this while she was sleeping one night.
5 comments:
waah! can't see the photo--just a bright red rectangle :(
yay for c+p! you know i love their work--cannot wait to see the pics! glad that little c is getting a little more...restful? normal? who knows. you know what i mean :)
xox
lisa
She's beautiful. I'm glad Cori is getting to know day from night... sleep helps everything. Soon, these days could be a blur.
Simply gorgeous.
xo-Jessica
Awwww... I love that picture!
I'm glad you're feeling better.
What a beautiful pic! I can't believe she's already a month old already. Holy cow does time fly! She is just beautiful Beth!
Post a Comment