Saturday, September 20, 2008

Quickie

Just a fly-by post...I have no idea where this week went, but it can be summed up in one word. "Rushed" or maybe "Stressful" is a better option. Random things going on:
  • The new car is working out great, though 95% of my time in it is rushing from one place to the other, so that isn't very enjoyable. Though I am addicted to the XM radio.
  • I think I took too much on joining the gym. I am really bummed I can't go as often as I need to and want to. And when I am there, I am rushing through my exercises so I can rush home and continue to try and get things done. Which makes the exercises less fulfilling.
  • We had to make an appointment with a pediatric opthamologist for Corinne. Without going into details here, as I don't have time this posting, we have to get her eyes checked out after we noticed a problem and spoke to her pediatrician. I'm praying she falls into the 10% normal range and not the other areas of brain tumor or eye cancer or some other disease or cocaine use (which we can safely rule out I think). I am super stressed about it.
  • Work has been a blur as I take on new accounts due to hurricane Ike's damage. I've been working OT and I've just been super busy in general.
  • All the stress is making my supply drop big time, which further stresses me out. And it makes me want to wean from my pump which has been feeling like a ball & chain again lately.
  • I feel very guilty that I've not been able to chat with friends as much as I'd like to lately. I owe so many of you emails or phone calls. I'm sorry!
  • It looks like a bomb went off in our house. I'm debating about looking into a maid once a week (you do not want to see our bathroom - ugh) but don't think we can afford it.
  • We're somehow getting even less sleep than when Cori was an infant. This isn't helping my supply issue or my stress levels.
  • I really think Cori is teething and can't decide if the crib transition is working or not. Sometimes I just feel like I have no idea what in the world I am doing as a parent.
  • It's 8 PM and we have yet to eat dinner, though it's been ready for 2 hrs (thanks to the crockpot).

More later - I need to go relieve Dave from baby duty.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

((((hugs))))

SIS Student Services said...

Oh B. I'm so sorry. I knew that you had all of this going on, but you keep your chin up so well that it is hard to tell sometimes. :( Even with all of my stuff going on, please let me know what I can do for you. Even if it is just to take a long walk with me, you, and Cori or something. Walks are so great for relieving the stress.

Valerie said...

I know how stressful it is when your supply tanks. I've never had a good supply, and it feels like a personal failure.

Best wishes to Cori on her ophthalmology appointment. I know that must be scary for you and Dave.

April said...

Oh Beth! Sounds like things are stressful. I will be thinking about Cori and I hope her opthalmology appt goes well!

Also, I just wanted to say I completely agree with this statement: "I really think Cori is teething and can't decide if the crib transition is working or not. Sometimes I just feel like I have no idea what in the world I am doing as a parent" I'm right there with you, we are going through the same thing! Less sleep now than when she was a newborn (stupid teething and 4 month sleep regression!)