a fitness program inspired by Latin dance. Zumba combines Latin rhythms with cardiovascular exercise to create an aerobic routine that is fun and easy to follow. The name Zumba is derived from a Colombian word meaning to move fast and have fun.
I would've defined it as a bunch of people moving like they have ants in their pants, to Latin music. It was hysterical to watch myself try and keep up. Don't get me wrong - I had a blast, especially with Joelene on my left just bee-bopping around making silly faces. I worked up quite the sweat and didn't manage to break anything. But you can seriously hurt yourself in this class trying to do all these moves at such a fast pace. (My chiropractor is not going to be happy with me tomorrow)
First note in case you ever try Zumba - DO NOT lift weights the hour prior. You'll be really sore.
Second thing to keep in mind - you may look silly, but you're in good company. I looked at Joelene once and said "When do I look like Jennifer Aniston?" since she'd commented it reminded her of Jennifer Aniston in "Along Came Polly".
Something else to maybe remember - here's the guy who invented Zumba.
Doesn't that make you laugh?
Doesn't that make you laugh?The music is cool though, I will say that. I got all excited to hear the song "Calabria" (you know, the song that plays on the Target commercial while the 2 girls in the dorm room are dancing?)

Well, we didn't look like that, but the instructor kept on yelling out moves to roll our hips and do double time squats, as well as other moves with a Spanish name that translated into "no way in heck can I move like that, that fast".
I've never felt so "white". Or out of shape!
3 comments:
LOL! I blogged about Zumba today too! I can't wait for tomorrow. Are you coming?
LOL. I am laughing just picturing this. I've never heard of Zumba, let alone tried it.
I would love to try Zumba. My mom has done it. Your description is hysterical. I hope to get to see you and Cori soon.
Post a Comment