But I digress - we took Corinne out to Trax and met up with my mom, my cousin Tracey (up from Atlanta), Kelly & David.
After Trax, Dave and I headed to Nemacolin Resort to celebrate our anniversary. The 2 hour drive was very nice ;not only was the weather sunny and cool, but we had the chance to catch up with one another and just reconnect verbally. We had a nice lunch and went horse back riding at the resort. I love to ride but don't get the opportunity very often; I miss it. We went through the woods with our guide and took in the scenery. Twice we encountered deer grazing on brush less than five feet from us - what a way to be part of nature!

Our ride wrapped up and we headed to the resort to walk around a bit and have an ice-cream cone. Not long after it was time for our spa appointment - a couples massage. This was pure bliss! Probably the best massage I've ever had, and I've had the opportunity to try bunches of them. The spa was wonderful and they were very attentive. The hour certainly went by fast! We relaxed in the sauna for a bit after our rub down and then got showered and ready for a nice dinner.
After dinner we drove back home and got to sleep for 9 uninterrupted hours, which was almost as good as the massage. Well, maybe better. I can't make up my mind, but I'd sure like to sample both again a few times so I can see which I think makes me happier!
Speaking of "happy", Cori isn't all that happy these days. The poor kid is teething something fierce and is miserable a lot of the time. She even had some bloody drool this afternoon which is normal from the pressure and bruising on the gums. (While it's normal, it was still a bit freaky to see!) We're trying Hylands teething tablets and Tylenol (alternating) as well as cold teethers but she often refuses these. It's a really helpless feeling and often we can't make her calm down. I'm hoping we make it through this week relatively okay. I guess everyday can't be Saturday huh?
3 comments:
Oh I miss Trax Farm!! Love the pictures with the pumpkins. It isn't quite fall yet down here. What a wonderful anniversary treat... can you believe it has been 3 years?!
that sounds like an awesome anniversary weekend. glad you were able to get away for a bit. i'll have to put trax and nemacolin on my to-visit lists--they sound great!
as for teething, you know i am clueless about babies, but my dad swears by frozen waffles. i hope she feels better soon :(
a massage and 9 hours of sleep. . . that is heaven
Happy Anniversary!!!
Post a Comment