Dave and I finished up the last full weekend of summer with a mini date night. Last weekend we had a date night at the new River's casino, but we had to cut our night short and head home since Cori was having a really rough time with our sitter. We didn't get to see my brother & sister-in-law as planned either. So last night we had a bottle of red wine around a bonfire on the deck. The night air was so cool and we were able to just relax. Sometimes time just goes by too quickly! As much as we love fall, I can't believe summer is over!
Sunday, September 20, 2009
Last Weekend of Summer
We celebrated the last weekend of summer by spending some time with some friends. I swear they didn't have fun stuff like this when Dave and I were kids.


Cori has been obsessed with dogs lately and while visiting, she got to play with Buddy. Buddy looks just like my mom's dog Merlin who passed away 2 years ago - a chubby chocolate lab with gray hair under his chin and as friendly as could be! Cori was excited to play with Buddy until he kept licking her in the face; then she wasn't so happy anymore. We're definitely getting a dog when we move next summer.

Speaking of moving, we're meeting with a realtor this coming weekend. We're hoping for encouraging news about placing our current house on the market. We have an appointment with Heartland Homes mid October to get specific pricing for the model we like with all the add-ins. Please keep your fingers crossed for us!
Dave and I finished up the last full weekend of summer with a mini date night. Last weekend we had a date night at the new River's casino, but we had to cut our night short and head home since Cori was having a really rough time with our sitter. We didn't get to see my brother & sister-in-law as planned either. So last night we had a bottle of red wine around a bonfire on the deck. The night air was so cool and we were able to just relax. Sometimes time just goes by too quickly! As much as we love fall, I can't believe summer is over!
Dave and I finished up the last full weekend of summer with a mini date night. Last weekend we had a date night at the new River's casino, but we had to cut our night short and head home since Cori was having a really rough time with our sitter. We didn't get to see my brother & sister-in-law as planned either. So last night we had a bottle of red wine around a bonfire on the deck. The night air was so cool and we were able to just relax. Sometimes time just goes by too quickly! As much as we love fall, I can't believe summer is over!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
***fingers crossed for you***
and yes! Get a dog! :)
Aww... Cori looks so adorable in that AWESOME bouncy castle. And Buddy does look soo much like Merlin (sigh).
Fingers and toes crossed for a great meeting with the relator. I want to come and visit you at your new place - complete with a dog and your own bouncy castle!
Look at that big girl, OMG! I can't believe how big Cori is getting.
Wohoo for getting a puppy! You're going to love having a doggie in the house. :)
Lots of luck to you with the new house, keep us posted!
Post a Comment