
Did you ever feel like the universe is conspiring against you? Here's a recap of my past 24+ hrs:
- Wed 12 PM - take Cori to pediatrician again. They place a urine catch bag on her so they can test her urine for a UTI.
- Wed 1 PM - After much screaming, the bag is in place and we are out the door.
- Wed 3 PM - I call Cori's grandparents who've been watching her to ask if the bag has a sample. I'm informed the urine leaked from the bag into the diaper.
- Wed 3:30 - Back at doctor's for third time in 24 hrs. They bag her yet again and we wait for Cori to pee.
- Wed 5 PM - the doctor's office is closing and Cori has refused to pee. We leave to head home as we are told we can take the sample to UPMC Passavent lab that evening.
- Wed 6:30 PM- arrive home after 90 mins in traffic. Cori has finally peed! Alas, I call the lab and they close at 7. There is no way in Hades I will make it there in 30 mins.
- Wed 6:35 PM - curse and swear, rinse and repeat.
Have I mentioned that I was supposed to be at work Wednesday afternoon? Ha ha ha. Ugh.
- Wed 8 PM - try to inject 7CCs of medicine into Cori's mouth as she screams and flairs and hits.
- Thus 7 AM - Cori wakes up and we bag her to collect urine. Here we go again. Start pushing her to drink juice (to no avail)
- Thus 8 AM - no urine, won't drink any juice
- Thurs 9 AM - no urine - takes a few sips of juice
- Thurs 10 AM - we have urine.... in the diaper. The bag has leaked again. Determine that Cori cannot lay down with bag as the urine spills into diaper somehow.
- Thurs 10:05 - we bag Cori yet again and place her in the car. Pack up plenty of juice and a diaper and head out for Ross Park Mall. I figure she can play and walk a bit and then I'll run the sample over to her pediatrician by 11.
- Thurs 10:30 - Cori is asleep in car. No urine. Continue driving out to new house thinking we can see the house and take her sample to the ped office out there.
- Thurs 11 AM - get to see house (yay!) but Cori has not peed.
- Thurs 11:30 -1 PM - head to Chick Fila (no pee) and then to Target to walk for a bit (still no pee). Cori is now getting sleepy and I really need to get back to work. Yeah, I'm supposed to be working again today. Good grief.
- Thur 1:15 - Figure "screw it" and start driving back home. Take long way home past pediatrician's office on McKnight Rd.
- Thurs 1:40 - stop at pediatrician's office, wake Cori from 10 minute car nap and check diaper. We have pee and half of it is in the bag.
- Thurs 1:41 - stop to PRAISE GOD for what is seemingly a miracle.
- Thurs 1:45 - doctor tests urine and finds out Cori has a UTI. We're given instructions to take sample to Quest for more testing and they will call in the prescription to pharmacy.
- Thurs 1:50 - arrive at Quest. Wait 5 minutes until someone comes to the window, and am told that while I have everything ready to go in the container, I still need to wait to be seen so someone can collect the urine. It is a 35 minute wait based on the number of people ahead of me.
- Thurs 1:55 PM - I ask my mom to go into Quest and wait to drop off the urine while I run to pick up the prescription. Cori begins screaming that Grandma isn't with us anymore.
- Thurs 2 PM - arrive at Target pharmacy, while Cori is still screaming and people are staring at me like I am murdering my child. I am told that while yes the script was called in, the pharmacist is in fact on her lunch hour. I beg the pharmacist to yes, please interupt the pharmacist (knowing in fact that karma will find a way to repay me for this seemingly horrible request) and fill my script. My child is overdue for a nap, I needed to be working hours ago, and I am still 30 mins away from home.
- Thurs 2:30 - leave Target, pick up Grandma at Quest, and finally head home.
- Thurs 3 PM - arrive home, attempt to give Cori her medicine which kind of looks like a cat squiriming to get away from the flea dip bath tub - there is screaming, clawing, clenching & flailing... Somehow I manage to get 4CCs of medicine into her. Grandma tries to put Cori down for a nap with no luck.
- Thurs 3:30 PM - pour myself a glass of Baileys as I finally begin working for the day.
- Thurs 3:45 PM - figure screw it - the day is done and update the blog.
Here's hoping tomorrow is a much more productive day! I don't think I can handle the stress of another 24 hrs like this past one!
3 comments:
Oh man, what a crappy 24 hours. I am SO sorry!! :( I hope things improve soon! Can I do anything? Any shopping or errands?
Thanks Sara - I think we're okay. Calm weekend ahead (God willing) so that will help. I also realized I left out a part about having to clean up massive amounts of cat vomit upon returning home. Oi. Talk about "one of those days"!
I am stressed just reading this, I can't imagine how you feel! :( I hope that today is better.
Post a Comment