Sunday, April 24, 2011

what a week....


It's been an exhausting week. I was in my second favorite city - Denver - for a few days this week on business. I really do love it there! Amazingly, when I was inside the airport, I bumped into a very good friend of mine who lives in Los Angeles! What good luck to see my friend Jen since I've not seen her in a year & a half.
Something that I did learn along the trip is that I'm suddenly feeling very pregnant physically. I dropped my book mark on the plane and spent a good portion of the 3 hr flight trying to retrieve it. I just can't bend and reach like I used to be able to! 12 more weeks to go, and I guess this is normal, but it's somewhat disheartening. I guess I just forgot about this part from last time?


I'm really tired as of late, and sleep is starting to get not so good. I can't seem to get comfortable. Plus I learned I failed my 1 hr glucose tolerance test; tomorrow I'm supposed to take the 3 hr one, and am not looking forward to chugging extra sugary disgusting syrup on an empty stomach and then getting blood taken repeatedly. I'm a really hard stick when it comes to giving blood and without any fluid in me to plump up my veins, this is going to be extra painful.


Not sure if we've announced officially too, but baby's name will be Benjamin Robert.

Happy news to wrap up this post - my father in law came home from the hospital today after his first round of chemo. He tolerated it very well during the entire week. His WBC numbers aren't coming down as fast as they'd like, but we are still very hopeful. We did learn that his diagnosis changed yet again (thankfully his prognosis is still very positive). Apparently Bob has mantel cell lymphoma. He had cancer in his lymph nodes for a while unknowingly; it broke through all the layers and released into his blood stream, which is how he got the leukemia (cancer of the blood). It is going to require massive lifestyle changes over the next 6-12 months while he recovers, but most importantly is that he is being treated for it. Thank you to everyone who has been asking about him and praying for him!! Please keep it up!

1 comment:

Life with Pog & FLeC said...

Glad to hear the (relatively) good news about Bob! It is amazing how cancer can be in a person yet they feel fine!