Sunday, September 16, 2007

Embryo transfer update

Yesterday morning, about 10 AM, I became pregnant. =) The doctor placed two of the three embryos in - the 2 best she said. Our clinic grades embryos from A-F (just like school). They placed in an "A" and a "B". The A had 7 cells, and the B had 6 cells. Both completely normal for this point in time.

I am resting and sending them love & positive thoughts to grow. What is really funky is that our cat seems to sense something is up. She is not a lap cat in the least but she keeps wanting to jump up and lay next to my belly or between my legs near my hips while I rest or sleep. I'm not sure if she is sensing my energy or what.

My pregnancy blood test is at the end of the month. So far the worst has been the shots of progesterone in the buttocks (a la Forrest Gump). It takes a few hours, but the muscle just aches!!! I am hoping it will go away. In light of all that Joe went through with his leukemia, this is nothing. And in the end, I know our little one(s) will be worth all of this!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

interesting...my friend's dog would always come lay on my lap or as close to my belly as possible when I was pregnant and he only did this when I was pregnant! It's like he was protecting the baby or something! Perhaps Zoe knows more than the rest of us!

Melissa said...

Our smallest cat, Tiki, spent most of my pregnancy on my belly if I was sitting on the couch. That is, until Grant would kick so hard that it would knock her off and make her angry :-)

Suzi said...

Beth I am thinking about you!! My fingers are crossed that this works and you feel great the entire time!! Hugs! Suzi