- 2 at 15mm
- 1 at 12mm
- 2 at 10mm
At this point in my last cycle, my estrogen was almost double and I had 10 follicles. Now, I know each time is different, but maybe it is the scientist in me that screams "WHY ISN'T MY BODY REACTING BETTER"??
I can't continue to stimulate my ovaries because the doctor has to stop me when I have follicles reach 16mm or I will lose them. So with any luck, I will have one or two more little follicles step up to the place and have about 7 follicles during next week's egg retrieval.
I know it only takes one, but what most people don't realize is that your numbers can only go down. If they get 7 follicles, and they fertilize as expected, we'll have hopefully 4 or 5 embryos. It is very rare to have 100% fertilization. And then not all fertilized embryos survive. (Last time we lost 2 along the way) So in essence we started out with 12 follicles and ended up with 4 embryos. So with only starting out with 5 follicles - we're not going to have a lot to work with, so we may not even get one. Ugh - it is so frustrating and scary and nerve racking and uncertain. Quite the challenge for someone who doesn't like the unknown and is a bit of a control freak. Oh, and have I mentioned this is my life-long dream - to have a baby and be a mom?? No pressure there!
I go back in for monitoring on Saturday morning, and it looks like I'll trigger Sunday night for egg retrieval on Tuesday morning. Please, please continue to send good vibes our way.
5 comments:
so, i'm really dumb about this stuff. what do you mean by follicles? not hair follicles, right? is it weird that i don't know this?
love,
your nonbreeding breeder friend :)
Lisa - you are so sweet :) And you remind me that sometimes I am just in this too deeply!
Follicles = eggs (from my ovaries), which if they make nice with Dave's "boys" will equal embryos!
XO XO
your attempting to breed friend,
Bethie
You know I'll be praying. Try not to stress too much, it's out of your hands. God is looking over you & Dave. :)
Good luck Beth!
Mike
All our vibes, thoughts, prayers are with you!!!
Post a Comment