Thursday, September 13, 2007

From 11 to 7 to 5 to 3

Well, got the news from the fertility clinic. We have 3 embryos. I am really, really trying hard to stay positive, but to be honest, I am scared. I am really worried that they won't make it to Saturday.

We saw 11 follicles on Monday. They were able to retrieve 7 yesterday. 5 of the 7 were mature. 3 of the 5 able to be fertilized.

Remember I said that it is a numbers game, and it can only go down. This point right here is the most emotionally draining for me. For some reason, waiting to find out if I am pregnant isn't as bad. I feel like my body knows what to do once there are embryos in it. But the waiting to find out how many survive and if they are of good quality - that is just nerve wracking!!

I am trying to stay positive for our little warriors - trying to send them my love and positive energy. Trying to tell them how much they are loved and wanted. Please continue to send your good vibes / juju / love to them!!

On a good note - I survived my first progesterone shot in the butt today. We've not been looking forward to this. It is a HUGE needle that has to go 1.5 inches deep into my hip / butt muscle. Last time we didn't do these shots but instead did vaginal inserts. But they are expensive as well as, well, messy. So we decided to try this route instead. Dave has to administer these shots to me each morning at 6:30 AM until I'm 12 weeks pregnant.

And on an even happier note, happy birthday to my beautiful, wonderful, amazing sister-in-law-to-be Kelly. She is more "sister" than anything. I hope your year is wonderful and I hope you know how very much we love you!

5 comments:

Mollie said...

Beth, I have nothing but admiration for you and Dave as you go through this. You are the most determined, yet always positive person I know. I pray your little embryos are strong and healthy.

I'm sending you all my good vibes today. I have a lot, apparently. Chris's wedding ring has been missing for 4 months, and I found it today, on his birthday. I MUST have juju to spare, right?

Lots of love to you and Dave!

Mollie, Chris, and Amelia

Anonymous said...

Beth - I am sending as much positive energy to you and your embroys as I can! I still have postivie feelings about this cycle for you!

Anonymous said...

Biggest prayers so far, go out to you tonight.....

jessica

LisaBe said...

i have little names in mind already! you're going to be a great mom. whether it's threse three or not, you are the best mommer i know :)

Anonymous said...

Prayers are coming your way. :)

And try not to stress (impossible, I know) because, as you said, it only takes one.