Saturday, September 15, 2007

Walk to Light the Night

I'm participating in the 9th annual Light the Night walk at Heinz Field this year. I'm walking in memory of my dear friend's husband Dr. Joseph Lin. The walk is in support of those battling blood cancers like leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin’s disease and myeloma.

Joe passed away last Friday after fighting leukemia for 14 months. He was 33 - the same age as me. Actually a few months younger. He was married to my friend Karen for a short 2 years. The number of treatments he underwent (12+ bone marrow biopsies, a bone marrow transplant, numerous rounds of chemotherapy....) was just more than any single person should have to endure. But Joe never complained. Every single picture I've ever seen of him, he has a HUGE smile on his face. Even the pictures where he was in the hospital.

If you're able to sponsor me in the walk, I'd be most appreciative. I'm walking as part of a team, and we're walking in Joe's memory. Our team goal is $1000. I understand if you cannot donate - really I do. But if you can donate any amount, please click here. Your support is much appreciated!!
And a special thank you to the very special person who donated such a HUGE amount. You know who you are - I know who you are- and I love you!!




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Beth,

I would love to sponsor you but I have a question.... in the link it says you have $300 of your $600 goal. I'm just confused b/c you said your goal is $250 and I want to make sure I'm donating to the right thing. Email me or something to let me know.

On another note, I hope that everything went well this morning! :)

Anonymous said...

some for my childhood friend, some for joe + karen, some for their families. i'm so glad you're doing this and so sorry i couldn't be there. it was my pleasure.

hope everything went well yesterday--i had a dream that boded well friday nght. two little boys who were as joyful and loving as joe and karen and full of hugs and laughter. :)