Friday night Dave and I went into Babies R Us and registered. The task wasn't too daunting with the help of friends who have infants and my Baby Bargains book - otherwise I imagine it would have been very over-whelming. The link to the registry is on the left. 99% of the items we need are here. The mobile and curtains that we want are through Pottery Barn Kids; I just put them in my list from thethingsIwant.com (also on left).
The weekend was busy with bridal stuff on Sunday with Molly, and knitting on Saturday. Prior to knitting with friends, we had a great lunch at an Ethiopian restaurant that I'd never been to prior. Lunch was inexpensive, delicious, and I intend to go back with Dave. Pittsburgh has so many good places that are different like this; I'm really grateful that my friends are food savvy and know of them, and are willing to share them with me!
On the message board I frequent, there's been a discussion about if you think Pittsburgh is ethnically diverse. It's an interesting question - I think you need to really leave the sub-burbs (which some people aren't apt to do) but for the most part, I see a lot of different ethnic culture and people, which I think is representative of what is going on in our city. You just have to look for it. Now, compared to New York or San Francisco, we have a long way to go. But otherwise I think we hold our own very well! What do you think?
No comments:
Post a Comment