Seriously, if you look up the word "anxious" in wickipedia, you'll see my picture. The good news is no preeclampsia.
The bad news means no induction this week.
So I'll be induced next Wednesday or Friday if I don't go on my own prior. Which is just crazy. I'm now 5cm dilated (that's half way!) and almost fully thinned out. Yet this kid is as stubborn as a mule and will not come out (I have no idea where s/he gets that from). I've had zero contractions. Zip. Zilch. Nada.
Suggestions for how to serve this kid his or her eviction notice are appreciated. I'm miserable with being swollen everywhere and feeling so huge I can't move.
6 comments:
Put on some music and get up and dance!
i don't want to know what "thinned out" means, do i?
(1) tell the baby that aunty lisa guessed that memorial day would be birth day.
(2) walk. like, go to the biggest mall you can find, and just walk past every shop. and park far away.
(3) sex. lots and lots of really good sex.
(4) prime and paint the walls at your friend lisa's house.
oh--and congrats on no preeclampsia :)
Glad to hear that there is no pre-e. That is wonderful news!
It's seems pretty unlikely that you'll have to wait until next week if you're already 5 cm. I was 3cm when my water broke without any contractions. Lots of vibes for a quick, soon and easy labor. :-)
I'm with Lisa on #3. If you can move at all, have sex. This will be your (and Dave's) last chance for quite some time. You won't want to do it again for months! I swear to you that sex started my labor, and it was so good that I slept through the first 4 hours of contractions.
I had a friend who drank some kind of oil - cod liver maybe? and went into labor the next day. (You know, if you aren't into the whole sex idea.)
I'm so glad you're healthy. I know you feel like crap right now. I promise by next week you'll still feel like crap, just in a different way, but you'll have a BABY!!!
I am with Amy- at 3cm my water broke when I plopped down on the sofa after dinner one night (thankfully it wasn't a dramatic gush). I would be completly shocked to hear that you don't go into labor on your own this weekend.
5cm - that's so awesome and you're so lucky. (I know it doesn't feel like it right now..., but 5cm all on you're own)
Post a Comment