Friday, May 09, 2008

Remembering "Mom"

Sunday is Mother's Day and Dave and I are blessed to have wonderful moms. We also have fantastic Aunts and friends who are caring and devoted mothers to their children . Many people in our lives will be honored on Sunday and deservingly so.

But I'd like to take a moment to acknowledge all those who are trying to be moms - those in my life ("real" life and "cyber" life) who are struggling with their dream to become a mom to a child. I remember how hard "Mother's Day" is when you're not and it's all you want. To say it hurts is an understatement. And while most people try not to dwell on it, it doesn't mean they shouldn't get a reminder of how special they are.

Many women have lost children to heaven and suffer in silence while they remember their angels. They should be remembered too.

I wish them the strength to keep fighting for their dream; I wish them peace in their hearts to continue on & to accept their struggles with the grace and hope that they show daily. My prayers are especially with Meghan, Rebecca, Cristy, Nancy, Peg, Elizabeth, and Melanie. And in my heart, I silently acknowledge those who may not wish to appear "publicly" on this blog, but are none the less remembered.

Now go call your mom and wish her a happy Mother's day!

5 comments:

LisaBe said...

you know, several times recently i've been thinking of how wonderful a friend you are--with me, it was emailing me on primary day just to wish me a happy primary day *because you remembered how much i love election day.* who remembers that?? well, apparently bethie does. you are one of the most compassionate, thoughtful, and loving people i've ever known, and all of us are welcome to have you as a friend. so take that for your happy mother's day wish, mom to be! xox,
lisa

SIS Student Services said...

Oh BethieB, you are such a wonderful soul to send these wishes to all of your friends.

I agree with Lisa, you have always amazed me with your thoughtfulness. It has made me a better person since I strive to do the same for those I love.

I remember the twins at this time and know they are having fun with Merlin and waiting to see you and Dave again.

Dispatcher from Hell said...

Beth, you always have an amazing way with words. Now I have to go dry my eyes. (Darn hormones!)

Happy Belated Mother's Day to you!

Anonymous said...

Beth, Words can't express how much your kind thoughts mean. You are such a warm and loving person, there's no doubt you will make an amazing mother. Happy Mother's Day! -Meghan

Anonymous said...

Beth - you can't begin to imagine how much this means to me. Thank you for being such a supportive friend.