It's been a very hectic few days. Friday my blood pressure was so bad I was sent to Magee with bags packed and told they may induce me then and there depending on what happened. All the results turned out fine at the time, and we were sent home. Saturday morning, we were back less than 12 hrs after we left. The ultrasound showed Peanut measuring greater than the 90th percentile at approximately 8lbs 1 oz (they give a range higher and lower, but the tech said that was her best approximation)
The rest of the weekend we spent trying to finish up things in case I'd be induced this week.
Today I called my OB again to follow up - my BP was up and down all weekend long. If one number was fine, the other wasn't. And then yesterday I lost feeling in my right hand and arm due to swelling. So I went into the OB this morning.
While my tests from Friday and the lab during the week prior didn't show preeclampsia, the OB said that they really want the results from the 24hr urine analysis they ordered. (This is the definitive test). Well that was a story in and of itself..... I collected the sample last week and tried to turn it in on Saturday, only to be refused by the lab. They said it was the wrong container - funny since it was the same damned container they gave me to use! "Frustrated" doesn't begin to describe my feelings.
So I have to repeat the test STAT. The results will be known on Wed at my OB appt. If it shows preeclampsia they will induce immediately. If not, due to my high blood pressure and the baby's size, they will induce at 39 weeks which is Wednesday the 28th. And of course I may very well go into labor on my own in between.
In the meantime, my OB doesn't want me working at all, but laying on my side as much as possible to keep my blood pressure lower. So today was my last day at the office, and I'll finish off the next week working at home., laying down. I'm also wearing a wrist brace on my right wrist; this is due to pregnancy induced carpal tunnel syndrome. They feel it will resolve itself once I deliver. Without the brace, my hand goes numb and my forearm tingles. But with it on - sweet relief!!!
I'm so tired of going to various doctors, labs, etc. I've been on the phone non stop to keep all my medical people updated (doulas, OBs, labs, etc) I can't see how they expect me to rest with all the running around they have me doing. Plus I'm still supposed to be working, which is really difficult. I'm trying to wrap things up to keep things at work as seamless as possible. There just don't seem to be enough hours in the day.
With all the running about, I've been avoiding the phone as much as possible. Rest assured that I'm being watched very closely by my doctors and as soon as we have news to share, we'll share it with everyone. So that's the skinny. Now I have to stop typing and get back to work!!
3 comments:
wow. i'm all nervous for you! is there anything that i can do to help? i can make some time this week to be with you or run errands or whatever. you just let me know! and take care of yourself and that little somebody inside :)
xox
lisabee
Wish I was closer and could be of some help! I promise in the end it will all be worth it!
Wow. So much going on!! I'm also here for you, and if there's anything I can do, please let me know. Stay strong. I agree with Suzi -- I also promise that all of this will be totally worth it once you get to hold Peanut. :)
Post a Comment