Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Beannachtaí na Féile Pádraig oraibh!

Corinne is a European "mutt" thanks to the background of her parents - Slovak, Hungarian and Polish from her Mom and German, French and English from her Dad. Oh, and I can't forget the 2.5% Native American from her father's side. She isn't Irish in the least. But we still wish "A St. Patrick's Day Blessing Upon You".
Sleep has been a little better the past 2 nights. She shows some anxiety at the end of our bed time routine. It's like she knows what is coming (us leaving) and she's taken to stalling - asking for more book stories, extra hugs, etc. I feel badly that she is anxious but am really trying to project a calm, loving attitude to her during the time. We tell her we'll check in on her in a few minutes, and we do. I know with Ferber you only go in after set times when the child continues to fuss, but it seems that Cori is comforted to see one of us check in after 5 minutes or so. We don't go through the gate (thankfully she has stopped opening it and throwing things) but just tell her we love her and we'll be back, go to sleep, etc.

It only takes about 12-15 minutes and she is asleep. And she's been sleeping through the night straight. She will wake up and fuss but has been able to put herself back to sleep right away. Last night a bad dream woke her up as I heard her say over the monitor "I want to go home!"but it was quiet again within a minute. We'll see how tonight goes as she only napped 30 minutes at day care today.

No comments: