Apparently I made the mistake of saying how well sleep training was going because it came back to bite me in the butt. While Monday was awful, and Tuesday & Wednesday were great, Thursday and Friday were back to not good. They weren't awful, but they weren't great either.
Saturday Corinne was at Um-ma's house, so we can't count that night. Tonight, as I type, I'm listening to her scream again like Monday night. Another awful night. I actually think this might be worse. AND she keeps opening the baby gate; if this keeps up, we're going to have to shut her door and start locking it from the outside somehow, which will scare her to death.
I knew this wasn't going to be easy, but this absolutely sucks. What the hell do I do now?
1 comment:
I don't know what to do next. :( Sorry. BUT, as you know, we did have to lock M in her room as a last resort. It didn't last long. And she was younger than Cori. Cori's receptive language is more than enough that if you tell her that if she comes out of her room, you'll have to put the lock on. We let M come out once, and we led her gently back to bed. The second time, we put her back without speaking (a la Supernanny). We did this pattern for several nights and when that didn't work... we put her back gently once, we warned her on the second time that the lock would go on, and if there was a third time, the lock went on. I know some people will balk at that, but we did it with the blessing of our pediatrician. Don't beat yourself up *if* you have to go there. Good luck!!
Post a Comment