That's right - it's a boy! It's been 24 hours since we found out and I'm still getting used to the idea, as much as I suspected it. Most importantly, he is healthy and growing well. He was moving and grooving around in there a lot. The tech kept asking him to slow down so she could get his measurements; he already doesn't listen! (which is fine, as long as he sleeps!!) Heart rate was 136 bpm.
I'm a bit worried since Cori really wanted a little sister so much. I'm hoping she will bond just as well with her little bro. We showed the ultrasound picture to her yesterday and told her it was her little brother. She replied "No, that's a doggie!" Ha ha - kids!
Now comes the hard part - names. Dave and I are pretty much worlds apart. We had decided on Benjamin Robert when we were pregnant with Corinne. Since then, I've gotten a really weird fear that people will call him "Big Ben", and since we live in Pittsburgh... And it isn't really the whole controversy about Ben Rothelisburger the Quarterback. It's more that calling our son "Big Ben" sounds really "Yinzerish" to me - esp living in Pittsburgh. Like, why not just call him IC Light or Primantis? And as much as it would drive me crazy, I'm not sure I'd be able to possess the stones to tell someone "please don't call him that - his name is Ben" etc. But I hate nicknames that people give to others, especially when the person may not be old enough to say "please don't call me that" etc.
I know it will all work out fine in the end. We're trying to explore other male name options, but I suspect that we'll end up using Benjamin since that is really the only name we can agree on. We shall see.
In the mean time, I've gone through 18 bins of Cori's clothes to put out all the gender neutral stuff. I cannot believe all the clothes that girl had!! Next up on the "to do" list is to finish setting up the nursery.
3 comments:
I seriously had no idea Benjamin had ever been on your boy list when I told you about my dream. I know another little boy named Ben, and I would never ever dream of calling him Big Ben. I'll have to ask his parents if they ever get that.
Congratulations Beth!! I think Ben is a great name! For what it's worth we had both a boy & girl name before Katie was born and a totally different boy name when I was pregnant with Julia.
I think random nicknames are annoying. Thankfully the only one to do this is my mother in law, so I can deal with it. LOL :)
Post a Comment