Thursday, March 10, 2011

Halfway

Today marks the official half way point of the pregnancy - 20 weeks down, 20 weeks to go. I'm feeling good for the most part aside from some out of the blue nausea and occasional insomnia. I'm still down 10 pounds from before I got pregnant, but I'm not sure how much longer that will last. Here's a "belly shot" from this morning - I actually think I look more pregnant in the shot than I do in real life. I still have co-workers who tell me they had zero idea I was pregnant as I don't look it at all. Here's a comparison shot of 20 weeks pregnant with Cori (in which I gained 40+ pounds over all).
Yesterday my OB put me on pelvic bed rest because the placenta is covering the cervix. This is cause for increased risk of bleeding and premature labor should any stress be applied to or, um, inserted into the area. There is a chance that the placenta will move away from the cervix as it grows, but in my case, it started out fine and is kind of growing "downward". I know this because it happened with Cori's pregnancy (it's fairly common) and resolved itself by 20 weeks. Now I'm in the opposite case.... it started out fine but is going the wrong way. The important part is that the baby is fine, and I'll have another ultrasound in 10 weeks to see if it changed. Worst case scenario - I stay on pelvic bed rest and have to have a scheduled c-section.

But today has been a fun day - I found out that I got a really, really nice bonus from work for the work I did last year. It will afford us the ability to get Cori a nice swing set for the back yard. I'm leaning towards one of these two:

The first one is at Costco, but Cori has always been afraid of covered slides. It looks really well constructed though and I think would be fun.


The second one is at Toys R Us - this would allow me to buy gift cards at Giant Eagle and earn some big time fuel perks!! No covered slide to worry about, and has a nice sand box area which would be fun, but do I really want to have an uncovered large sand area for wild animals to do their business in?? I'd have to find a way to cover it.
We also started up sleep training this week. While Monday was horrible (is there a stronger acronym for horrible??) - full of tears and screaming and distress - the past two nights have been a complete 180 degree difference. Last night even Cori didn't make a single whimper or tear when we tucked her in and left. We've been leaving her door open with the baby gate preventing her from exiting her room, and the hall light is on low and I think that is the big difference. It seems to really comfort her. I just know I am super thankful that it's been going better, and I hope it continues that way. It makes both of us very happy.

Speaking of happy, tomorrow I'll be a puddle of happiness. I am having a spa day with my friend Sara. 2 hr massage, spa lunch, manicure and pedicure. And some much needed girl time - I can't wait. I'll be trying out a new spa near my house (well, new to me) called Osiris Wellness, so I can't wait to report back!






5 comments:

Emmy said...

You look great! For the sand part, do you have a sand table? You could always just put it under there instead, that way it's shaded & still part of the play area, but it would be covered. I would be worried about having an open sandbox as well, so it's not just you!

Ben and Cori Momma said...

And Emmy, I just checked our HOA and all sand boxes must be covered at night.
PS - I emailed you a $100 coupon for TRU playsets for the next few days.

Anonymous said...

My brother in law works at Home Depot and he found a playset that was originally $1500 on clearance for $300! My in laws bought it for the girls.

We just have to find a backyard to put it in. :) House hunting starts in May!

Check out my blog if you want to see what it looks like. Not sure if they have anymore there or not.

Life with Pog & FLeC said...

HOT MAMA!!
You may find us at your swingset when you come home from work. That looks awesome!!

Samantha said...

Um Beth, you look amazing! Seriously!