Tuesday, September 04, 2007

September - wow!


I can't believe that it is September already! It was a wonderful labor day weekend for me - beautiful weather and time with lots of family and friends.



Friday night Dave & I had a date night at the movies to see the Borne Ultimatum which rocked!!



Saturday I got to see Jen & Carl and their sweet daughter Carli - she is such an angel! They live out in the country (so-to-speak) and it is such a treat to spend the day relaxing with them. My mom went with us, and we had such an enjoyable day! I'm posting some pics because they are too cute to not share!!


Sat evening we visited Dave's dad and step mom and some family, and then went to the BKF (Big Knob Fair, which to Dave, is the official sign that fall is on the way). Even more wonderful was that we got to see Mark & Kacey who drove in on a whim that weekend since they were already in PA.



Sunday we helped move Mike & Molly into their new place - which is so nice and full of charm! Then we just relaxed and did some things around the house. Monday I did some gardening and home stuff (and logged into work for about 5 hours, but it needed to be done).



On the IVF front - things are going well. I had an ultrasound and blood work this morning. The stims seem to be doing their job because even as I type this, I can feel some cramping and twinging in my right ovary (freaky huh!?!) I am looking forward to hearing how things are "officially" progressing. I expect to have a lot of office visits this week as they monitor me to see how close they are to egg retrieval. If this cycle is like last time, I expect to go in for the egg retrieval next Tuesday and then we'll probably have the embryo transfer next Friday.

***UPDATE*** I just got the call from the doctor - my estrogen is only at 155 and I only have 3 measurable follicles. Crap! what the heck body???? They want me to come back on Thursday for a re-check; granted I have time, but still. With all the pain I'm feeling already, I really thought the results would be better. I may be stimming longer, so next week's timeline above is out the window!

Thanks for all the kind words, prayers, and emails sent my way. You don't know how much it means to me - your support and love for us!


On a slightly selfish note, I just want to say "I love you" to my Grandmother in heaven. Today would have been her 86th b-day and it's also exactly 5 yrs since she passed away. I can't believe how quickly time goes by.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

More prayers and hugs coming your way!!! We're always here in the wings, keeping an eye out for you :-)