It's official! We're expecting our bundle of joy on June 4, 2008!
I took a home pregnancy test yesterday and it was positive, and then today's blood work confirmed it. The beta number (which measures the amount of hCG / pregnancy hormone) was 67. The doctor is very pleased; they want it to be above 20. Last time it was 157 with the twins, so this is leading me to believe we have a singleton in there. But time will tell (sometime in mid-October we'll have an ultrasound to confirm everything is okay).
I go back in on Thursday for repeat blood work to make sure my hCG has doubled as it should. I'm feeling okay - tired which is surprising this early. I didn't feel that way last time so maybe that is a good thing? But each pregnancy is different, even if it is with the same mother!
Thank you for your prayers and well wishes! Please, if you don't mind, keep them coming that s/he / they are growing normally and doing okay in there! we'll keep you posted!
6 comments:
Yay! I'm SO excited for you & Dave! I'll be praying that your little one(s) continue to develop and grow. And I can't wait to hear the results of the u/s next month!
Please keep us posted!
Love, Sara
Congratulations Mama!!! :) I'm SO happy for you both!! You know I'm sending lots of love and prayers your way!!
HUGS!!!
hooray hooray! i'm so happy for you! :)
Congratulations, Beth! I am very happy for you!
Love,
Trace
P.S. Thank you for the Birthday Card!
oh honey, i'm so happy for you and dave!!!! this is wonderful news. i will be keeping all of you in prayers.
love,
karen
Congratulations to you both!! I will keep you in my prayers!
Suzi
Post a Comment