Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Treasure Box

Many of the people who attended my baby shower (and myself included) wondered what all the fuss was about when it was requested that I didn't crumple up the gift wrap. As I unwrapped each gift, I handed over the paper that the gift was wrapped in to Kelly's mom Gail.

Well, on Mother's Day I got my answer... Gail had made the treasure box you see below.

Now, she's always been crafty with paper and scrapbooking (among many of her crafty talents) but this blew me away. When you open the box, it is made up of pictures from the baby shower and behind each picture is git wrap from the shower. There are scrapbooking embellishments added to each page.

You can "turn" pages to see more pictures, and in the center is a mini version of the shower invitation.


I can't get over how neat this little treasure box is, and what a nice keepsake it will make for Peanut. We have it on the shelf in Peanut's room.


I think Gail should patten this treasure box idea. She claims it was simple, but you know how professionals are - things come easily to the gifted! She is too modest!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

That's awesome! We were so intrigued what the fuss was about during the shower and I can see the answer was worth the wait!

Amanda said...

What a creative idea!

Anonymous said...

Thats the coolest thing I've seen! How neat!!

Joe.Karen said...

Oh, it's so beautiful, and fun, and neat. What a thoughtful and remarkable keepsake!

A million hugs to you, my dear.